Child Care Insurance
Child care insurance is insurance designed to protect the needs and finances of a child care agency. This type of insurance is required by most Sates in the U.S. Majority of day care centers and nursery schools must have child care liability insurance in order to become license by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
The requirements for child care insurance vary from state to state. Some will require that child care centers and/or family child care homes have to have some form of insurance. Other states could require providers to either carry insurance or to notify parents if they don't carry any insurance. Contact the State child care licensing agency to find specific insurance requirements in your area.
Child Care Insurance Coverage
Coverage will depend on what type of child care insurance is purchased. Most policies will offer a general liability coverage that protects you if someone claims you cause their injury and pays to vigorously defend you if you're being sued. Some types of child care insurance provides a crises response team and will cover rape and sexual abuse.
What To Look For When Choosing Child Care Insurance:
- Does the company providing the child care insurance have a dedicated crisis response team, which can be called at a moment's notice to help your child care center through serious or crisis situations?
- Does the program provide hard-to-find liability coverage, like sexual abuse and child care providers/teachers professional, that is essential to fully protect your center?
- Does the company providing the child care insurance provides risk-management advice to make your center safer?
- Does the company's claims team have experience handling highly emotional claims involving children?
- Is the company rated "A" or better by independent insurance analyst A.M. Best?
Child Care Insurance Professionals offers cost effective, customer specific, risk management and loss protection for those in childcare, early education and private schools with professional one on one relationship to meet any child care insurance needs.